2 July 2008

así empezó todo

It all started a year ago before my first niece was born. Previous to that I used to cross stitch, but I had never dared to go any further.
And a few months before Irede was born I suddenly decided one day I wanted to make a rag doll for her, just like that. I made a rag doll back in primary school, but I didn't even get close to the sewing machine. I must have been 8 or 9 years old. That doll is still at my parents cellar.
So, I bought the fabrics and asked my friend Marina if I could use her sewing machine (if she could sew), and after doing some web research, I arranged everything with her to meet one day at her place and start sewing, well, I just looked as she followed my pattern.


Y de aquí en adelante me embalé. Ya le había bordado una capa de baño, y le siguió una bolsa para los pañales, la cual me descubrió en misterioso mundo de cómo coser para que cuando le des la vuelta todo esté en el sentido en que tiene que estar...














Y la niña tenía ya antes de nacer todas estas cosas
El cerdito llevaba sus cascabeles por dentro. A la bolsa de los pañales le cosi una tira de panamá en la que bordé a punto de cruz y la capa de baño también a punto de cruz.





El cerdito lo repetí para Edgardo, mamacerdo se alegró mucho.
Y después de esto llegaron más cosas, pero no antes de que llegase el instrumento principal,
la maquina...

No comments: