20 July 2008
This one took a little bit longer. I worked on the pattern during the week making some samples, first on the bottom trying different options, and I finally went for the simple one. Then I worked out the width of the pleat that could work better for the length of the bag, so on Thursday I bought some nice lining for it and started working on it yesterday. It's so hot in Madrid that I could only work early in the morning. So I did all the cutting and pleats yesterday and this morning I've finished all the assembling. I bought the main fabric some months ago on my last trip to Ikea (I can handle the Ikea shopping experience every two months, it stresses me). It's actually a cushion cover, Hedda Blom, but I just fell in love with it and I knew I could make something out of it whenever my sewing improved.
The handbag it's roomy, perfect for work. Even a set of proofs could fit.
I thought of putting a zipper, but at the end I couldn't be bothered. And... it's reversible!